Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pumpkin Cake

Tatum, my niece, has an October birthday and her mom wanted a pumpkin cake.  This was before we moved (2009) so I was able to accommodate.  The first cake was nothing less than a complete disaster and I ended up starting over at about midnight.  I remember it was almost midnight because I was at the grocery store getting more supplies minutes before it closed.  I ended up using two bundt cakes with the flat ends together.  They also wanted German Chocolate Cake so the coconut pecan frosting was in the opening in the middle and I kept telling everyone it was pumpkin guts.  I really like to make people think they are eating something gross, I guess.
I have links to the butter cream frosting I used and the fondant on the tips and recipes page.

No comments:

Post a Comment