Friday, January 27, 2012

Tooth Cake

We had a summer break between Tyler graduating and starting dental school and we knew it would be much easier for me to find a good paying summer job than it would be for him, so I went to work.  The hygenist who worked with me was such a great co-worker and friend that I wanted to do something special for her birthday.  I remembered her telling me that her favorite cake was German Chocolate Cake and I started thinking of ideas.  This is what I came up with. 

As a Dental Hygenist, she basically cleans junk off of people's teeth all day and some people have quite a bit.  I thought it would be fun to make the Coconut Pecan Frosting be the "junk" on the teeth.  The "gum tissue" ended up looking more like bubble gum in the end, it's a hard color to duplicate.  Other than that I was happy with the result and I think she was too.



4 comments: